Thursdays are for Classic Motorcycle enthusiasts in Orlando
Posted on 28 February 2019
Are you bored during the week? Do you want to do something that truly thrills you? Well, you should join this event that takes place in the city of Orlando, which combines classic but modern styles at the same time. Every Thursday, many tourists and residents of the city go to the old town to drive at night. People can register between 5 pm to 10 pm. There are motorcycles available from 5 pm until 11 pm, you can enjoy live music and DJ presentations that start at 7 pm.
It is a very entertaining activity to be with friends, enjoy the camadería of people who drive motorcycles while exploring the shops and restaurants on Main Street.
All participants of the event must register with a valid license as proof of insurance. Drivers who do not submit the required documentation will not be able to participate in the event.
Orlando is the entertainment capital, 4 theme parks are located there, including Disneyland and MGM Universal Studios, the last opening was the Park dedicated to Harry Potter. But in this article, we recommend you to explore the area with the bikes at your own pace. It is a town with a beautiful area of lakes and beautiful landscapes, you could take advantage of and visit Tampa, the world capital of the cigar, and the old center that breathes a lot of Latin atmosphere.
Tips to take into account when driving a motorcycle at night:
- The main advice we can give you regarding safe motorcycle night driving is definitely to see and make you see. Check all bikes lights (cross, long, intermittent, brake and license plate).
- Do not forget to use your transparent visor case, never smoked and if possible with reflective stickers.
- Keep a safe distance from the rest of the vehicles on the road. At night drivers are more prone to fatigue so our reaction to any incident becomes slower than usual. Always be aware of speed limits even if the road is completely empty.
- In the case of glare by another vehicle, remember to turn your eyes to the right and look for the white paint marks on the shoulder to keep references.
- In areas with little lighting, it is advisable to look at the lights of the vehicle that precedes us to serve as a guide. This practice must be performed with great caution because if the other driver experiences drowsiness, fatigue or is under the influence of a substance, we run the risk of making the same mistakes. In addition, it is possible that between your vehicle and ours there is no straight line but there are curves or level changes.
- Make stops from time to time. It is always better for a little on long journeys, but during the night this advice becomes of the utmost importance to avoid errors caused by exhaustion. Rest, cool down and if you see that you can not continue to contact a taxi or a designated driver.
- The weather is an important factor to consider, for example, the cold night can cause us annoying chills that end up affecting our driving. Wear warm clothing that protects you from the drop in temperatures. On the other hand, if it also rains the danger multiplies.
- Last but not least, do not drive your motorcycle under any circumstances if you have drunk are under the influence of a substance or medication that alters your perception abilities. Not only can they be fined for that, but they could cause an accident
More information on the event here